Alot has been going on, even in the slow pace of summer – things to look forward to
1. CANARY Gallery Opens – 329 Julia Street
GO TO THE SITE TO REGISTER FOR GALLERY UPDATES
– on August 4th, along with Blake Haney, I opened the CANARY Gallery to droves of art lovers during the evenings White Linen Night openings. Currently on the walls are some of my new portraits from recent jobs (Al Green, Preservation Hall, Voodoo Fest) and friends. My photography business is run in the back of the Gallery, and I will be curating shows here, featuring local and regional artists.
– On Wednesday, August 20th, CAC Curator and Prospect 1: New Orleans curator, Dan Cameron, will give an informative talk on this years Biennial.
– We will open our doors again on Saturday, September 6th from 6-9. Music will be provided by Justin Peake performing his “Beautiful Bells” DJ set.
– OCTOBER 4th Opening: “South of I-10: Artists along Louisiana’s Main Drag” – an exhibit featuring artists from Lafayette, Baton Rouge, New Orleans, Houma, and Pierre Part. Swamp Pop and Cajun 45’s spun by DJ Pasta.
2. FALL COURSES @ The Fine Art Academy
– i am offering 4 classes this fall, all very distinct, interesting, and a whole hell of alot of fun. Go to www.noafa.com to sign up, hurry..cause they are going fast.
CLASSES OFFERED – Photography Fundamentals, Digital 101, New Orleans at Night, and Environmental Portrait Photography
3. FALSTAFF BREWERY PERMANENT EXHIBIT
– The Falstaff Brewery Residences recently purchased 20 of my images for permanent display at their restored brewery apartments. I had been going in the delapidated brewery for a year, photographing the tanks, brew rooms, and abandoned offices. The company recently purchased 10 of those images, and along with 10 of my more popular New Orleans street scene images, will be displayed throughout the building. Stay tuned for and opening reception date and time.
4. NEW ORLEANS PHOTO ALLIANCE FUNDRAISING GALA
Thursday, December 4th @ The New Orleans Museum of Art, 7-10
We are going to kick off the 3rd Annual PHOTO NOLA event with our fundraiser at NOMA, with music, entertainment, and food provided by Herbsaint, NOLA Bean and many more. Tickets for this event ar e$20 and can be purchased at the door.
go to – www.photonola.org – for more information
5. NEW WEBSITE IN THE WORKS
Its’ about time..so stay tuned here and on the WWW for an all new website w/ images and other stuff.
6. CITY OF NEW ORLEANS 3 YR KATRINA ANNIVERSARY
Based on the new City theme of : Rethink, Renew, Revive”, and displayed out in Jackson Square, we will have 2
photos, one that represents the sadness and loss from the storm and one
that represents the hopeful future. I will be showing some images in this very special presentation on the night of August 29th.